Last Friday 26 July Peter Kenyon was in Wollongong once again to reconnect with the ABCD Illawarra Network. Community members and organisations from Stanwell Tops to Nowra came along to hear about some of local community led projects like Queen St Servo and Thirroul Neighbourhood Centre’s Regener8 and share their own big ideas. Some of the ideas that people discussed on the day:
• Growing the network and its messages to the Shoalhaven
• Engaging local community members at West Dapto Community Centre
• Interactive Street Art in Bomaderry
• Supporting Wellness for people with a disability through advocacy and support
• Engaging local community members in Berkeley Town Centre plan
• Support for young refugees in the Illawarra
Thanks to everyone who came along, it was great to see such enthusiasm and support for community led initiatives, and be sure to keep us updated on how your projects are going.